The mission of Wild Salmon Center is to promote the conservation and sustainable use of wild salmon ecosystems across the Pacific Rim. We identify science-based solutions to sustain wild salmonids and the human communities and livelihoods that depend on them.Wild Salmon Center is an international organization with a staff of 31. The Organization has programmatic activities in the Russian Far East, Sakhalin, Kamchatka, Japan, the Olympic Peninsula, Bristol Bay, and the Oregon North Coast. The home office is located in Portland, Oregon in the Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center.
Work with Us
Volunteers and Interns
Want to make a differnece in protecting some of the most beautiful and diverse ecosystems across the northern Pacific Rim? Check out our volunteer page.
Reports to: President & CEO
The Executive Assistant is a full-time, regular non-exempt position envisioned at 40 hours per week and is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package. The person in this position provides outstanding administrative support to the President & CEO and the Executive Vice President. S/he is responsible for ensuring that all executive logistics are successfully handled on a day-to-day basis. S/he will provide support for the Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings, and other organizational needs as necessary. The Executive Assistant will serve as a primary liaison between the CEO and major donor supporters and Board members. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt within a moment’s notice, remain professional at all times, and work effectively independently and collaboratively.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain and coordinate the CEO’s correspondence and calendar, including scheduling meetings and phone calls, and resolving scheduling conflicts.
- Organize all travel including donor-related trips (both international and domestic) including maintaining passport and visa status.
- Take accurate, complete notes on verbal reports from the CEO and maintain a follow-up system with actions items and due dates.
- Perform accurate and complete data entry into Raiser’s Edge, WSC’s donor database, and maintain timely and accurate records, following all database procedures.
- Proactively draft thank you letters and other correspondence for review and signature.
- Receive, screen and prioritize communications to the CEO, including phone calls and e-mail messages.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and reports for meetings, and the planning and material development for conferences and Board meetings.
- Responsible for update and distribution of the annual Board Handbook.
- Prepare check requests, travel advances and purchase orders; compile and submit expense reports.
- Track vacation, sick days, out-of-office days for the CEO and relay information to Human Resources.
- Provide general administrative team support, including receiving and sending mail, phone reception, organizational events, and fundraising and programmatic projects.
- Other tasks, as needed.
- Minimum of three years’ experience supporting one or more senior executives, preferably within a nonprofit.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Advanced MS Office, Google Apps, Raiser’s Edge, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Skype and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience with Board of Directors’ correspondence.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Detail-oriented and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel for meetings and events, as needed.
- Familiarity with salmon conservation issues or fly fishing, a plus.
- Team player with a sense of humor.
The compensation package includes a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits package, including retirement, medical and dental plan. Flexible spending account, life insurance and disability coverage is also provided. The salary offered is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Send cover letter, resume and list of references to email@example.com with "Executive Assistant" in the subject line.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Wild Salmon Center is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.