The mission of Wild Salmon Center is to promote the conservation and sustainable use of wild salmon ecosystems across the Pacific Rim. We identify science-based solutions to sustain wild salmonids and the human communities and livelihoods that depend on them.Wild Salmon Center is an international organization with programmatic activities in the Russian Far East, Japan, Alaska, British Columbia, Washington, Oregon, and California. The home office is located in Portland, Oregon in the Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center.
Work with Us
Volunteers and Interns
Want to make a differnece in protecting some of the most beautiful and diverse ecosystems across the northern Pacific Rim? Check out our volunteer page.
Reports to: President & CEO/ Executive Vice-President
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the President& CEO and, as needed, to the Executive Vice President. S/he is responsible for ensuring that executive logistics are effectively handled on a day to day basis. S/he will also provide support for the Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings and communications, and serve as the liaison between the Executive and major donor supporters and Board members. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment within a moment’s notice, remain professional at all times, and work well independently and collaboratively.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Maintain and coordinate the CEO’s calendar, including scheduling meetings, and resolving scheduling conflicts.
- Organize all travel including donor-related fishing trips (both international and domestic) including maintaining passport and visa status.
- Take accurate, complete notes on verbal reports from the CEO and maintain a follow-up system with actions items and due dates.
- Perform accurate and complete data entry into Raiser’s Edge, maintaining accurate records, improving the quality of the data, and following and improving data entry and other database procedures.
- Proactively draft thank you letters and other correspondence for review and signature.
- Receive, screen and prioritize communications to the CEO, including phone calls and e-mail messages.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and reports for meetings, and the planning and material development for conferences and Board meetings.
- Responsible for update and distribution of the annual Board Handbook.
- Prepare check requests, travel advances and purchase orders; compile and submit expense reports.
- Track vacation, sick days, out-of-office days for the CEO and relay information to Human Resources.
- Provide general administrative team support, including receiving and sending mail, phone reception, organizational events, and programmatic projects.
- Other tasks, as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting senior executives, preferably within a nonprofit.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Advanced MS Office, Google Apps, Raiser’s Edge, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience with Board of Directors’ correspondence.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Ability to travel for meetings and events, as needed.
- Familiarity with salmon conservation issues or fly fishing, a plus.
The compensation package includes a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits package, including retirement, medical and dental plan. Flexible spending account, life insurance and disability coverage is also provided. The salary offered is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Send cover letter, resume and list of references to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Executive Assistant" in the subject line.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
Wild Salmon Center is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.